We Respect Your Privacy
At VIP NOW the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
What kinds of personal information does VIP NOW collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made or that have been made on your behalf;
- credit card details, if you make a purchase with us;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does VIP NOW collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- make a purchase through us, for example, online, over the phone, via a booking form or email/fax;
- participate in a VIP NOW survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from VIP NOW;
- register to receive event specific updates from VIP NOW;
- make an inquiry or a complaint;
- provide your business card to us at an event or function;
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example:
- our related companies which include Ticketek Pty Ltd, TEG Rewards Pty Ltd, Eventopia Pty Ltd and other TEG Pty Limited businesses;
- ticketing agents who we engage to act as our ticketing agent for VIP NOW events;
- people making a purchase on your behalf;
- our business clients and partners;
- third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business.
Also, from time to time VIP NOW collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. VIP NOW’s policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
How does VIP NOW hold personal information?
VIP NOW may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about you, including information that we receive from third parties. We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
VIP NOW employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by VIP NOW as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required to use a login and password when accessing VIP NOW systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which VIP NOW may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, VIP NOW only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which VIP NOW collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to process and fulfil your purchase with us;
- to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets;
- to assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- to allow our related companies from the TEG Pty Limited to promote their products and services to you and those of their partners;
- detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised ticket on-selling;
- for business research and the development of new products and services;
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
- displaying content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
- verifying your identity;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, VIP NOW may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. You can tell our Privacy Officer at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing material from VIP NOW. In addition, the marketing communications that we send to you may also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can also tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact our Privacy Officer .
Sometimes VIP NOW extracts information from our collected records to produce aggregated data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. VIP NOW uses the aggregated data for research purposes and may share the data with third parties.
Who might VIP NOW disclose my personal information to?
VIP NOW may disclose your personal information:
- to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. VIP NOW may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us operate our computer systems, send out our mail/email and clean collected data;
- disclosure of your personal information to event organisers, venue operators and promoters if they require this information to fulfil or administer your booking;
- to authorised ticket onsellers who (unless they obtain a separate consent from you) use it for operational purposes only, for example, to provide you with additional information about the event or venue that you are attending;
- to other TEG Pty Limited (TEG) group companies and their contractors (such as data management providers). TEG group companies include the Ticketek, TEG Rewards and any entities that may in future become part of the TEG group of companies or in which TEG may have an interest. VIP NOW may disclose your personal information to these entities for the purposes of, for example, ensuring that information collected is accurate, complete and up-to-date, producing anonymised and aggregated information for the benefit of other TEG group companies, and enabling us and other TEG group companies to better understand and meet your needs and interests.
Otherwise, VIP NOW will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
Does VIP NOW disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
Some of the recipients to whom we disclose personal information may be located overseas, most likely in the United States of America, Japan and New Zealand. For example, from time to time we disclose personal information to our related company, Ticketek New Zealand Ltd.
What happens if VIP NOW does not collect my personal information?
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will give you the option of not providing personal information, or of using a pseudonym, when you deal with VIP NOW.
However, if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you. For example, we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change or we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint or fully process your transaction.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
VIP NOW has relationships with other companies that we allow to place advertisements on our web pages. If you visit the VIP NOW website, advertisement server companies may collect information such as your IP address and clickstream information.
Sometimes the VIP NOW website contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non-VIP NOW website, please understand that VIP NOW is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Access and Correction
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that VIP NOW holds about you and seek its correction. So that your request reaches the right person, please send it our Privacy Officer. Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver's licence or passport. We will not charge you for making such a request but will let you know if there is a cost for supplying you with access to or correcting the personal information. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information, but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
Complaints and how to contact our Privacy Officer
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by:
- e-mail at email@example.com
- facsimile on (02) 9266 4244
- letter to GPO Box 1610, Sydney NSW 2001
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Last updated 13 October 2017
*VIP NOW means VIP NOW, ABN 25 150 055 100